An interview with Dr. Alan Amling and Journey Sixty6 founders Dave Goetz and Melissa Parks
Some of the best ideas never see the light of day. Or they see only a few moments of the daylight in the form of academic journals.
In this webinar, two writing experts, Dave Goetz and Melissa Parks, interview Dr. Alan Amling, whose Ph.D. work centered on topic of innovation and disruption in large incumbent corporations. Dr. Amling spent his career at UPS, an American multinational package delivery and supply chain management company. In this last role at UPS, he served as a leader for its venture capital group. In a few months, Dr. Amling’s book called “Organizational Velocity” will be released. Dr. Amling worked with Dave and Melissa to translate the more technical writing and research, derived from his Ph.D. dissertation, into a trade book format that appeals to a much wider audience.
Attendees of the webinar will hear what Dr. Amling has discovered over the course of the past year of writing, including
• How he narrowed his dissertation into an engaging thesis for a book;
• How he identified his core audience for the book;
• The keys to translating ideas from academic research into more popular language;
• How to identify key stories from the research and craft them into supportive material for the book; and
• How to expand the core ideas from the dissertation into takeaways for the reader.
Free Resource to identify your primary reader:
“Who Is My Reader”: www.journeysixty6.com/IFERA
Watch the video: